This recipe was a lot of fun to do, and the balls made for a perfect Valentine’s Day dessert!
Mmm…red velvet cake batter. Licking off the beaters is so much more fun than just licking out the bowl. I always love a challenge :).
This recipe is from Bakerella.
Red Velvet Cake Balls
1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50)
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)
They tasted even better than they looked(if that’s possible 🙂 ). Next time I make these I might experiment with other cake mixes. Hmm…how does carrot cake balls covered in white almond bark sound? Yes, I will definitely be trying that! 😀