Recipe adapted from Vegan Energy Bars Recipe
2 cups quick oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup crushed pretzels
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
1/2 cup crushed peanuts
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup crushed dark chocolate mini candy bars
2 tablespoons flaxseed
1-1/2 cups peanut butter
1 cup honey (or maple syrup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together oats, coconut flakes, pretzels, walnuts, peanuts, sunflower seeds, raisins, candy bar pieces, and flaxseed.
3. Mix together peanut butter, honey, and vanilla in a small bowl, then microwave on high for 1 minute.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
5. Generously grease a 9X13 inch pan and pour in mixture. Press into the pan – bars should be 1 inch thick (or so).
6. Bake for 15 minutes, rotating pan at the half-way point.
7. Let cool, refrigerate, cut into approx. 12 bars, and enjoy.
You may also wish to just turn the mix into granola, in which case, you can simply let cool and crumble.